Yachtmaster Offshore in 14 weeks intensive training
Next course: 15th January – 20th April 2018
Below is a brief outline of the course content.
Please contact us for a full description of the course program. We would be delighted to have a sit down meeting with you over coffee to discuss your suitability for this program and how it can be tailored to suit your prior sailing experience. If you are booking from abroad we would be delighted to arrange a skype conversation to discuss the program with you.
Yachtmaster Offshore Fastrack is designed to take the complete sailing novice to become a proficient sailor in the sailing industry in an intensive accelerated course over fourteen weeks. The course culminates in the Yachtmaster Offshore Exam.
The exam is a 10 hour practical and oral examination on all aspects of sailing a yacht in difficult circumstances. Provided you are hard working we guarantee to have you fully prepared and confident of passing the exam over the 14 weeks.
We don’t number minimum of students. We run this course with just 1 candidate.
We have developed contacts within the sailing industry over the past 12 years which you can call upon to help you achieve your first job in your new career within the yachting industry.
- All food onboard during practical courses on the yacht
- All accommodation during practical courses
- All our courses run from Monday 09:30 to Friday 16:00, except where outlined in the final course program given to each student before the course
- Private cabin on a Oceanis 40 / 3 cabins and 2 wc
Whats not included:
- Food and accommodation is not provided during the shorebased courses. Hostels and weekly rates in B and Bs are available. Shorebased courses comprises of 15 days of the overall course length. Neither accommodation nor food is provided during the weekends between courses.
- If the sailing vessel is available we charge a 15 euros daily rate for accommodation during the shore based courses
- €80 SRC exam and license fee for the the SRC course
- Yachtmaster offshore examination fee €150
- Examiners travel expenses (€70 – 100 per student depending on candidates) are not included in the course fee.
Additional Gear and Advice
We strongly advise students to purchase their own sailing boots and gear before the commences. Contact us for advice on this. We don’t believe in flashy prospectuses to hook you in.
We happy to meet you for a coffee, or have a lengthy phone conversation, answer your questions, explain the course in great detail, learn about your background and your motivation for doing the course and assess your suitability for the course before your place is accepted. We monitor your progress very carefully during the course, and a high degree of self motivation and a good nature is required.
While previous experience is not required before booking onto the 14 week sailing course, we do strongly advise that you attend at the very least a start yachting weekend or international crew course>> before making a decision to book onto a 14 week full time sailing course. The optimum is that each candidate would have around 500 miles of sailing experience prior to coming onto the sailing course. This means that you would have an understanding of what its like to sail a yacht offshore and at night before coming on the course.
It also takes the pressure of your attendance on the course, if you are sick for one week, then you may miss achieving your target mileage of 2,500 miles which is required to sit the yachtmaster offshore exam, if you start the course with zero miles under your belt. We can advise you on how best to get these few days of training before the course begins when we meet for a coffee to show you the school and discuss the course.