What people take with them when they go sailing varies by the kind of sailing they are doing, where they are sailing, their experience and personal preferences, but here we try and give those uncertain what to bring some guidelines on useful items to have with you during a sailing holiday with Algarve Cruising Center.
Before you´re flight please check the weather forecast (temperature / rain)
All items must fit in one (1) soft bag.
You will need:
What you should bring
- LED headlamp
- Books/magazines or a Kindle/iPad
- Lightweight long-sleeve shirt
- Clothes for daytime (quick-dry preferable)
- One set of warm clothes for evening watches – Mile Building Gibraltar
- Hat or Visor to keep the sun off your face
- Medications you take (you MUST tell us health issues)
- Personal toiletries
- Lightweight rain jacket or foul-weather jacket
- iPad or Kindle for reading/podcast listening.
- Sleeping bag (if you get chilly at night – we recommend a packable, dri-down style
What not to bring – we provide this onboard.
- Sheets & pillow
- Large electronics (like laptops – iPad’s & Kindle’s are okay)
Helpful tips & reminders
- Pack one pair of deck shoes and one pair of flipflops – you won’t need anything more!
- Long underwear & lightweight foulie pants work better than cotton pants or jeans if it’s chilly.