International Yacht Crew / Competent Crew
International Yacht Crew course is a certificate of excellence for those candidates who wish to train to become an active crew member on a sailing yacht.
IYT International Crew course suitable for anyone learning to sail whether they have sailed before or absolute beginner. You can take this course over 5 days or weekends.
Experience living on board and really get to know the boat.
Crew on a vessel up to a maximum length of 78 ft /24 meters in coastal waters up to 20 miles offshore in daylight hours and in fair conditions with moderate wind and sea conditions.
It is the level of competence that someone needs either when acting as watchkeeping crew on a yacht and as a skipper of a small yacht in protected waters where help is immediately available in calm conditions.
|PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE||None required|
|CERTIFICATION||International Yacht Crew certificate|
International Yacht Crew Course Algarve – Outline
- Nautical terminology
- Safety briefing
- Passage planning
- Rope work
- Basic rules of the road
- Introduction to weather
- Basic sail handling
- Basic handling under power
- Man overboard procedures
- Vessel equipment and instruments
- Engine checks and maintenance
- Deck seamanship
- Sailing vessels handling skills
- Sailing vessels under power
- Power vessel handling skills
- Dingy handling under power
What to expect
- Premium course / max 3 students onboard
- We don’t have minimum number of candidates – no course cancellation
- Private cabin guaranteed
- Good food
- Watch the sunrise>>