Explore the blue and land in wilderness beaches
Dolphin watching in the Atlantic Ocean waters… Canoeing into the magnificent Ria Formosa Nature Reserve.
Landing at the faro International Airport, we’ll gather our bags, and meet as a group for the first time.
Once we’ve all assembled we’ll step aboard of our floating hotel – home for the next 2 weeks
||Faro, Olhão, Vila Real Santo António. Alcoutim, Canela Island, Ayamonte, Culatra Island
||Min3 / Max 12 – College Trip
||Jun 22 – Jul 7 2018
|International Crew Certificate>>
|15 days onboard – full board
||24 hours instructor/tutor with the group
||Visit to the University of Algarve
|All marina and port fees
||6 hours community service
|Flights, meals, snacks and drinks ashore
- Earn 2 college leadership credits through Algarve University – a confirmar
- 500 nautical mile sail training program across the Golf of Cadiz
- Earn multiple IYT Competen Crew and VHF certification
- Discover Portuguese and Spanish culture
- Study theories of leadership, group dynamics, motivation and more
- Learn passage planning, sail theory, navigation and meteorology
- Multiple overnight sailing opportunities
- Minimum 18 years old
- High school graduate
Explore Culatra island and visit oyster farm. Get to know how we grow oysters and clams in here and of course... taste it!!!
Sailing towards Spain. Visit Isla Canela and the fishing village. taste the typical Spanish food.
Sailing towards Alcoutim upon the Guadiana River. Visit the River Museum in Guerreiros do Rio and go to the top of the lighthouse in Vila Real de Santo António.
Sail towards Faro. Time for canoeing in the Nature Reserve of Ria Formosa. Visit the Science Museum in Faro. Go for a Birdwachting trip in the salt marshes of the Nature Reserve.
Time to go ashore for some community service. 4 hours cleaning the beach and 2 hours playing games with the children of a local primary schoolDay 15Transfer to Faro International Aiport.