Bareboat Skipper Course Algarve
The International Bareboat Skipper Course (Day Skipper RYA equivalent) is a valuable course/qualification and recognised as evidence of competence by insurance and charter companies worldwide. Perfect if you are considering a bareboat holiday.
Bareboat Skipper course develops your leadership skills and confidence in charge of a yacht.
The skipper must take responsibility for performing individual tasks, and for the safety of the yacht and those on board.
Being the skipper is a rewarding experience, and it is recommended that your training follows the worldwide recognised and respected structure that IYT International Bareboat Skipper provides.
The Bareboat Skipper / Day Skipper course is priced at 700 euros, there are no hidden fees.
- Command of a vessel up to a maximum length of 78 ft /24 meters
- In coastal waters up to 20 miles offshore.
- In daylight hours and in fair conditions with moderate wind and sea conditions
- This certificate is the level of competence that one needs when chartering a boat in the Mediterranean or West Indies.
- Responsibilities of a bareboat skipper
- Crew safety checks
- Hull and rig checks
- Machinery and systems checks
- Fuel and water capacity and range
- Menus and quantities
- Float plan
- Sources of meteorological information
- Weather patterns
- Sea and land breezes
- Cloud types and formations
- Pilotage and passage planning
- Considerations when planning a passage
- Routine for navigating a coastal passage
- Passage strategy
- Port regulations, customs, immigration
- Pilotage plans
- Vessel handling in confined quarters
- Mooring, anchoring, coming alongside
- Ropes, knots, care and use of lines
- General deck work
- Tides and currents theory
- Tidal heights, springs and neaps
- Rule of “twelfths”
- Position fixing, running fixes
- Plotting the effect of tides and currents
- Collision regulations
- Lights, shapes and sounds
- Application of the regulations
- Advanced dingy handling
The International Bareboat Skipper has almost the same syllabus that Day Skipper course from RYA. We are also RYA Instructors.
Bareboat Skipper pre-requirements:
- The minimum suggested pre-course experience is 10 days at sea, 200 miles and 4 night hours. The International Flotilla Skipper course>> is an ideal prerequisite.
- It is also beneficial to have a basic knowledge of navigation.
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- VHF certificate
What to expect
- Premium course / max 4 students onboard
- We don’t have minimum number of candidates – no course cancelation
- Private cabin guaranteed
- Good food
- There are 3 cabins on board, 2 toilets, an inside and outside shower.
- Watch the sunrise>>